Effective from 20/01/2021
Who we are
Our website address is: https://ummahjobs.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code, zip code or job role).
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes e.g. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
- Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility.
- Publicly available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Update to be provided.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. Other than this we will never and do not share your data.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service, otherwise
On some occasions, Ummah Jobs processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your Ummah Jobs account to your Social Network account, such as LinkedIn, Google and Facebook. Otherwise we do not currently send and share your data willingly with other third parties other than any recruiters, employers or companies you may have applied for a job with. As we learn more about the third party applications and integration within our website we will make best endeavour to update this page should any of this change.
Your contact information
Your contact information is registered with us at the time you submit this, this information is often shared by yourself to employers when applying for jobs. This information may also be shared via your resume and your member profile.
How we protect your data
We have taken ultimate care and precaution when developing this site to abide by programming standards and ensure sufficient security is in place to protect your data which is available to recruiters and us, when registering for jobs as well as a recruiter and also registering for alerts.
All data is secured within a database, the database has several layers of security, best practices and standards have been implemented to mantain integrity.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.